Thursday, May 19, 2005

Who wouldn't be the one you love

It's a "Be-Nice-To-Jiahui" day, it might as well have been my birthday except I'm sure my birthday will be a bigger blast. heh. In any case, someone(s) really made my day today. I was about to leave home to go to school to meet a professor who was leaving NUS this semester. But Mr. Postman (anybody else like the song?) caught me just in time. He had this really big box which felt surprisingly light when he handed it over. At first I thought he must have made a mistake since I don't remember having ordered anything from the internet recently, until I saw the label that said United States Postal Service. At this point in time there were question-mark party pops going off in my mind-- Rasheel? Val? Steph? Bryant? Who?

Hee. And then I saw Austin, TX. Bryant you big little sweetheart. A present and a card to wish me happy 21st birthday, to quote him, WAY before my birthday, not because he had gotten the date wrong or that it was the off-peak season and thus cheaper to mail things, but because he would be travelling by the time my birthday comes round and he wouldn't be able to get the stuff to me in time. heh. What can I say. You made my day. I can't believe you bothered haha.

And just when I thought the day couldn't get better, I met up with that professor and he gave me a dvd of one of my favourite films (Motorcycle Diaries) as a farewell gift. Aiyoh. Moved to tears dey. Almost heh. Well like I was telling the boyfriend, I didn't know I was loved by others until today. It's like Be-Nice-To-Jiahui day. (to be followed by much uncontrollable sniffing in a bid to hold back the tears)

All these wrapped up with a very value-for-money dunch (dinner-cum-lunch) at Clementi's S11 where I had convincingly good tempura fish don (I really meant to order the breaded chicken fillet don but didn't realise I matched the wrong names to the pictures) and where he had possibly the cheapest unagi don (any cheaper you have to make it yourself) in Singapore all for the price of $5.50 and $6.80 each. The miso soup wasn't all that kickass though but it was part of the set, along with bland agedashi tofu but never mind about the irrelevant details.

My day is made, and no bland tofu can thwart the feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home